Usability and Design
Usability and Design is the effort appreciated by the expert. It triggers the user's enthusiasm for your product. We optimize the user experience and minimize possible risks caused by its use. Together we define the path to achieving your goal. We offer:
- Consulting and training in the fields of user-centered design and evaluation methodology
- Support of usability engineering processes compliant with EN 62366 and EN 1497
- Development of control and display concepts according to ISO 9241
- Implementation of task analysis, user analysis and usability context analysis
- Formative and summative evaluations to measure usability, workload, risk and acceptance
You set the goal, we provide the approach, methodology, and expertise for a user-centric product development. Our experts - psychologists and engineers - draw on their profound training and on the experience of over 45 years in various industries.
- Effective and efficient product development by establishing clear standards next to recommendations for action and design. By this you achieve high user acceptance cost-efficiently
- Clarification of the relevant issues for each phase of development
- Early identification of problems regarding usage and risk
- Selection of the best-suited design solution based empirical research
- Compliance with certification requirements
Our Methods, Tools and Resources
Our thorough analysis is the foundation of an effective and satisfactory interaction between the user and the device. We provide support with our extensive methodology by performing task analysis, Card Sorting, interviews with focus groups, observational studies, and persona analyses. This helps you to draw a clear picture of your product's user and of the information he needs to fulfill his tasks.
For the design and interaction design process we develop style guides as well as operation and display concepts. According to the needs and the current project stage we provide paper-based prototypes, low fidelity mock-ups or interactive high fidelity mock-ups. These enable a first user experience and enables the stakeholder to evaluate your product.
Evolution studies performed already during the product development process ensure a high level of usability. According to your budget and the project situation we make use of heuristic evaluation, cognitive walkthroughs, expert reviews, observational studies, laboratory experiments or workload measurements.
In a highly regulated environment as found in medical technology, we ensure the compliance of your products by means of risk and error analyses and provide help by creating usability engineering files.